With all the recent downtown revitalization efforts in Flint, Michigan, 3D Imaging Services just recently relocated into our new corporate office located in the historic Hotel Durant building.
As Flint blossomed as an automotive boomtown in the early Twentieth Century, civic leaders desperately wanted a new hotel. It was reported that the current hotels of the day were turning guests away due to the sold out occupancy rate. In December of 1916 the Citizens Hotel Company, led by Fred Aldrich, longtime associate of Dallas Dort and William Durant, was organized by 40 stockholders, which included C.S. Mott and Arthur G. Bishop, for the purpose of building a new hotel on Second Ave. The name of the new hotel was unveiled at a civic dinner in honor of Wm. C. Durant, then President of General Motors. He immediately pledged $300,000 toward the project.
The hotel closed in 1973 and remained abandoned for over 30 years. Numerous developers since then contemplated redevelopment, but were never successful in their attempts. Today, the building was recently redeveloped by Michigan base developers into a mix use luxury loft apartment and commercial office space complex. The redevelopment project of the Hotel Durant was just awarded the 2011 Governor's Award for Historic Preservation of the year.
To learn more about our new location, click on the link below.