Driven by the demand of complex construction and installations, lack of skilled trades and the strive for faster project delivery, construction teams are continually looking for way to streamline projects. Prefabricated construction solutions address the challenges faced by construction teams to deliver higher productivity and parallel project scheduling at a more efficient cost.
- Prefabrication in a controlled environment improves productivity, quality and safety
- Design, fabrication and offsite work occur in parallel to construction for shorter overall schedules
- Projects are less congested with personnel and equipment
- Work stoppage from weather delays and other external factors are nonexistent for prefabrication
- Systems are commissioned in-house for quicker onsite startup
- Utilizing laser scanning technology at key points of prefabrication provides fast, precise measurements and a high level of quality control
- Lower labor costs and quicker installation
- Mechanical System Racking
- Pre-engineered Skid Packages
- Equipment Skids
- Pipe Spools & Support Fabrication
- Industrial Insulation
- Equipment Setting & Installation
- On-Site Laser Scanning & Surveying
- Testing & Client Support
Area of Focus
- Power, Energy & industrial
- Manufacturing & Process
- Commercial & Healthcare
Retrofit Prefabrication & Installation
Our specialized RetroFab process for coordinating modular construction components into existing facilities is a guarantee to fit, by removing the human error out of the process by virtualizing the process. The solution incorporated the use of our various construction technologies to deliver a well-executed installation into existing facilities during operation of renovation.
Laser Scan & Survey: In a fraction of the time it takes for hand measurements, a laser scan captures millions of 3D measurements (point-cloud data) with +/-1 mm accuracy of the existing conditions.
3D Modeling & Coordination: Our internal virtual construction teams build a 3D model from the point-cloud data, then incorporate the prefabrication design into the existing conditions to verify constructability of the installation and design.
Fabrication: The project team and our code-certified welders fabricate, coordinate, test and build the modular construction packages, equipment, steel and pipe using shop drawings extracted from the 3D model.
Quality Scan: During testing and quality control, the components undergo a second internal laser scan to compare the built components to the existing conditions 3D model. This quality control process allows us to identify any deviation against the 3D model, and adjust those deviations prior to shipping and installation.
Installation & Turnover: As components arrive on-site, installation is quick and efficient because all components have been factory tested and validated against existing conditions by our virtual construction teams.
Quality Scanning for Construction Fabrication
In this video, the project team explains how they used 3D laser scanning to verify site and as-built conditions. The customer, a food ingredient producer, reduced costly downtown while installing a new sterilizer system.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT our retrofab solutions?
Let us help educate you and your staff about our proven fabrication solutions.
Schedule a webinar to learn when to use it and the benefits to your current processes.